5.16.2008

3 weeks young...

Little Cabot is 3 weeks already! I would say time flies when you're having fun, but...no sleep and midnight strolls with a screaming baby aren't exactly fun! Thankfully, this too will pass. I am glad I can look back at Canon's newborn days as days gone by!
Our current stats:
Cabot - at his 2 week check up, he had gained a pound past his birth weight and grown an entire inch! Yay! He is turning the teeny baby corner and we are seeing some light at the end of this dark sleep-deprived tunnel.
Canon - he is adjusting well so far to losing his first place status. Although, his personal entertainer (aka his auntie) is leaving in the morning...
Chris - finally went back to work this week after 2 weeks off on "maternity" leave. He is working the later shift and looks forward to getting more rest at work controlling billion dollar jets through the night than he does at home!
Me - I am feeling pretty good at this point. Mom and my little sister have been here for the past 2 weeks and so I have had a relatively easy time. I got a much needed pedicure today so I can wear flip flops with pride! I have lost about 1/2 my baby weight, but still have a ways to go! I had my first freak out moment in Target today. I was left alone with the 2 kids in the double stroller as the rest of the family went separate ways. BOTH of them had meltdowns at the same moment that escalated in 9 seconds. I contemplated abandoning them in the middle of the toy section. sigh. This was the first of many I am sure!
All in all, we are doing well. I am ready to take over my new life and come to some point of new normal. We have more family coming to visit in a couple weeks and then another round a few weeks after that. I don't go back to school until the first of August, so I am looking forward to a restful Summer, so to speak.

I was trying to hide my big hips and thighs and stomach and...


A little better!


Cabot straining his neck - looks like a little alien!


Standing in the wind outside!


The first bath in the Spa tub, or over priced trash can as Chris calls it!